Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our CCS capability and to lead the growth of this business area and support the delivery of existing and new projects. The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Signalling / CCS Consultant to support our business.
- You will work on the delivery of projects providing expert advice on signalling systems and safety engineering services to the project deliverables and directly to the client as required.
- You will be assessing the design of signalling & train control systems to confirm compliance with the relevant standards in the destination countries. You will also be involved in developing market opportunities and preparing winning proposals
- Ricardo Rail is a Notified Body for the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs), an Assessment Body for the European Common Safety Method (CSM-RA) and an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) for signalling systems
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Certification, Ricardo Rail and external clients on good engineering practice, potential solutions, railway standards and EU Legislation.
- Deep expertise on at least one train control technology: Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS / ETCS), Positive Train Control (PTC);
- Proficient in signalling principles such as Automatic Train Control and Automatic Train Operation under various Grades of Automation: ATC, ATO, DTO, UTO;
- Familiar with the interfaces between train control systems and rolling stock subsystems: braking systems, doors, propulsion systems, TCMS, onboard communications;
- Specialist in RAMS, HAZID, HAZOP, FTA, FMECA, system assurance, and safety case development under the Common Safety Method (CSM) on Risk Evaluation and Assessment, IEC 62278, IEC 62279, IEC 62425, CENELEC EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, 49 CFR Part 236;
- Application of applicable standards (including railway standards, Spain and EU Rail Regulations including the CCS TSI).
- Any MassTransit / Metro Signalling Experience is welcome CBTC, ATO, ATP, CTC etc
- Previous experience in the services industry as a consultant, auditor or assessor
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in the English language written and spoken and in Spanish as well
- Well regarded in the railway industry, with an established network within signalling system suppliers, rolling stock manufacturers, national safety agencies, railway operators