The i2CAT Foundation is opening a Senior Researcher Position to apply for a MSCA Fellowhip in order to work on O-RAN technology. More information about MSCA Call here.
The selected candidate will work on an internal project focused on O-RAN. Concrete targets of the project include:
- Study and understand the O-RAN specifications and interfaces
- Setup a testbed using the O-RAN bronze or cherry software releases, including O-DU, O-RIC and O-SMO
- Analyze the interactions between the RIC and SMO components of O-RAN, including the O1 and A1 interfaces
- Analyze the O-RAN xAPP framework and propose/implement/evaluate novel xApps using Machine Learning.
- Analyze the O-RAN rAPP framework and propose/implement/evaluate novel rApps using Machine Learning.
As part of his regular work the researcher is expected to:
- Represent i2CAT at project meetings
- Define algorithms and protocols applied to wireless technologies
- Generate patent ideas
- Generate results and lead scientific publications
- Make technical presentations
- Work with network prototypes. Requires expertise on Linux networking stack
The researcher will be part of the Mobile and Wireless Internet (MWI) group at i2CAT. More information can be found here: https://www.i2cat.net/research-topics/mobile-wireless-internet/
Who we are:
i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation centre that promotes mission oriented R&D activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2CAT’s activities span the areas of Research, playing a key role in the EU Framework Program for Research and Innovation; Strategic Projects, leading local initiatives that strengthen the digital policies of public administration, and Technology Transfer, fostering R&D collaboration with companies to develop innovative market-oriented solutions.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage!
What do we offer:
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Be in contact and work with cutting-edge technology
- Work in challenging R&D projects
- Salary according to MSCA conditions (aprox. 46.900€ gross per year)
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive work schedule in July & August
- Home office option
- Open space office in Barcelona.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Casual dress code
- Let us know which trainings you need
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and, therefore explicitly, encourages women to apply.
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of persons with disabilities among its workforce, and therefore explicitly encourages this collective to apply.
- 22 June 2021: Launch of the call for proposals
- 12 October 2021: Deadline for submitting proposals
- February 2022: Notification of call results to applicants (TBC)
- May 2022: Grant agreement signature for successful projects (TBC)
- April 2022: First EU-funded projects start (TBC)
- PhD in communication networks. Preferably related to wireless technologies inlcuding LTE/5G and 802.11. Candidates must have a maximum of eight years experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree
- Not having lived or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Proven experience in working with wireless technologies LTE/5G, 802.11
- Proven experience developing networking prototypes
- Proven experience developing with major programming languages: C/C++, Python, Java
Nice to have:
- Proven experience in ML toolkits
- Proven experience working with software radio stacks, e.g. OpenAirInterface, srsLTE
- Proven experience working with cellular core networks, e.g. open5gs, magma
- Proven experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of OpenRAN and the ORAN software releases